June 24 marks "Take Your Dog to Work Day."
The event is sponsored by Pet Sitters International.
They provide seven tips on ensuring you and your pooch have a great day at work together.
1. Check with your colleagues and management before bringing your pet pal.
2. Dog-proof your work space.
3. Consider your dog's behavior. Make sure he is fit to hang out with you at work.
4. Bring a doggie bag. [treats, leash, toys, etc]
5. Plan feeding times in accordance with your work schedule.
6. Not everyone is a dog lover. Make sure you don't pressure others to interact with your dog.
7. Have a back-up plan. Your dog may rather take a half-day and want to go home. Just don't leave your pet in the car.