Man Dies in One-Car Accident in Jones County | Families
A Jones County man died in an accident while driving Saturday night, according to the Jones County Sheriff's Office.
43-year-old Robert Griner was driving in a wooded area near Folendor Rd. in Jones County. The sheriff's office said they found Griner's 1999 Chevy truck overturned in a pond.
Deputies responded at 11:23 Saturday night.
Jones County Rescue crews pronounced Griner dead at the scene.
Four passengers were in the car with Griner. According to the sheriff's office, they received minor injuries and were transported to the Medical Center of Central Georgia.
Upcoming Events near Gray-Jones
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Central, Howard Students honored by National Merit, National Achievement Programs
- Master plan in the works to revitalize downtown Macon
- Miller Middle School students participate in Junior Youth Assembly
- Drive-Thru Nativity in Macon this weekend
- Two Central High Seniors selected as QuestBridge Scholarship Finalists